1. I did something I almost never do last night – I ignored a phone call (and two texts) from my best friend. Not because I didn’t want to talk to her, but because I was choosing to better prioritize my time. Spending an hour or two almost everyday on the phone really limits how much you can get done.
2. Speaking of prioritizing my time better, last night I did something I NEVER do. I didn’t turn on the TV at all. Shocked? I know, me too. So was Caty; she kept running back and forth between me and the couch, meowing and generally looking confused.
3. Not sitting down in front of the TV actually (surprise surprise) forced me to get stuff done. I baked bread, made a cake, at a slice of said cake, contemplated and dismissed making muffins, returned some long overdue blog email, and wrote three (!!) blog posts.
4. This is the cake I made. Yum. You can find the recipe here. The cinnamon cream cheese frosting alone is worth it.
5. I have recently become obsessed with The Vampire Diaries. My friend generously let me borrow her Netflix account so I could get caught up. Do you watch TVD? You should so we can talk about it.
6. If you are interested in my views on TVD and my dismay over the lack of shirtless Salvatore brothers in the second season, you should probably follow me on Twitter.
7. If you follow me on Twitter and don’t like TVD, I apologize for the copious amount of tweets relating to the show. This is what I do. I lay on the couch with my cat, watch The Vampire Diaries, and tweet about it.
8. I sometimes vary this activity by baking and/or cooking while listening to the various Glee soundtracks over and over. You wish you had my life, don’t you? 😉
9. I have zero plans for the weekend and am super excited about it. I think I’m going to use all that lovely time to catch up on my reading. I’m currently rereading the first three books in the Inheritance Cycle to prepare for the last book’s release on November 8.
10. What have you been up to lately? Cooked anything great? Read anything fabulous?