1. Budget – Stick to my spending limits! I have limits for a reason and that is to keep my budget in check so I can save for fun things like travel and necessary things like a new computer. I need to keep this in mind the next time I’m tempted to order pizza instead of cooking what I already have or buying something just because it’s on sale.
2. Food – Stop collecting recipes. It’s no surprise that I love everything about food – shopping for it, preparing it, eating it, serving it, you name it, I love it. And a product of that is my mammoth recipe collection. Sometimes I get a recipe on purpose, like when I’m looking for a recipe that uses a specific ingredient, but most of the time, I collect recipes that I think I’ll make one day. The problem is, I have two binders and 4 folders stuffed full of recipes I’ll probably never get around to trying. So this month, I’m going to stop printing out recipes to try. I need to come up with meals based on the recipes I already have and turn to my collection first, not the Internet, when I want to make something new.
3. Blogging – Set aside some time each day to blog. This was a goal last month, and it needs to be one this month as well. I have tons of ideas for posts and if I just sit down and get them written, my life would be so much easier.
4. Social – Stay connected. I’m an “out of sight, out of mind” type of person. If I don’t see something often, it’s probably going to slip my mind. I find this especially true of friends I don’t see or talk to on a regular basis. I have some very good friends here in town that I rarely see. I want to do better getting together (or at least talking) with them this month. There is no reason to neglect good friends.
5. Personal – Organize my office. My office is a disaster. It’s completely unpacked and I’ve organized my bookcase (of course!), but I never organized all my paperwork. I have a huge basket of paperwork that needs to be sorted and organized. My desk has also become a clutter spot and needs to be cleared off and put to good use.
What are your April goals?