1. Budget – Spend more wisely and put money into savings. I did not do very well on this goal. Actually, I did terribly. I bought a lot of new stuff for the house, including a piece of furniture, and did some major shopping. Not to mention, Caty and I took an emergency trip to the vet, and I’m over my gas and grocery budgets. I did manage to put away $500 into my vacation fund, and I only did that yesterday.
2. Food – Try one new recipe a week. This was a definite success, especially since I imposed my mid-month goal of cooking one meal from a cookbook each week. I’m going through my recipe board on Pinterest much faster now, and I’m eating lots of yummy meals.
3. Blogging – Write everyday. I wouldn’t call this a success, but I wouldn’t call it a failure either. I think I’ve managed to write and publish something almost everyday (not including weekends) this month and I just found a new blog planner that I’m excited to use.
4. Social – Write letters. I did this!! I’m so excited that I really sat down and wrote letters this month. I think I’ve written 5 or 6 and I’ve gotten responses. I even ordered some pretty stationary off Etsy (review forthcoming!) so I could enjoy my letter writing experience more.
5. Personal – Work out twice a week. I would say this is about a 75% success. There were definitely some weeks where I didn’t work out at all, but at least two weeks (including this one!) where I’ve worked out three times. I got some videos from the library and I’m really enjoying doing pilates. I can’t tell a difference yet (other than sore abs), but I’m hoping, if I stick with it, I will be able to soon.
How did you do on your August goals?