- Only put $300 of my paycheck in my checking account each payday. I did pretty well with this. I’m a little over 1/3 of the way to my goal in my emergency fund, over halfway to the amount I want in my regular savings, and every little bit that I can add to my down payment is awesome. I’ve been moving money around whenever I think about it, but I need to be better about being on top of it.
- Seriously look for an apartment. I did not do this, because I’ve decided that I would rather buy a house! It’s a huge decision, but I’ve been unable to find an apartment that has everything I want for a price I can afford. I’m going to paying a lot more in rent to get what I want and I would much rather being a mortgage than rent. I’m really excited about going house hunting!
- Try one new recipe each week. I’ve done really well with this! I set this goal because I was getting complacent with my menu planning and then is really helping me keep our dinners fresh and interesting.
- Get up 15 minutes early every day for my quiet time. I’ve failed miserably at this goal. I tried very hard at the beginning of the month, but it’s very clear that I’m not a morning person. I’ve been doing my devotions at night, but not journaling like I had planned. I’m going to keep trying, because it takes 28 days to make a good habit and this would be a really good habit for me.
- Clean out my closet. Oops. I actually forgot I set this goal until right now. I guess we know what I’ll be doing over Labor Day…
Do you set goals? How did you do this month?