1. Budget – Finish shopping for the Christmas presents on my list and don’t buy anything else! I think this one is self-explainatory. Every year I make a Christmas present list, and then either don’t stick to it, forget someone or something, or overbuy. This year, I’ve check my list twice (ha!) so I know I haven’t left any one off. Once I say I’m done buying gifts, I’m done. No extra shopping or adding just one more thing.
2. Food – Try to enjoy my holiday baking. I undertake a lot in December. Not only do I have the 12 Days of Christmas Cookies, I bake for all my coworkers, my neighbors, our work holiday party, a few friends, and then rolls and Christmas Day desserts. Usually by the middle of the month, I’m sick of baking and it becomes a chore. This year I want to spread it out and really take the time to enjoy the process of making special gifts.
3. Blogging – Honestly, if I can get all the cookies made, photographed, and posted, I’ll be happy. Of course that’s not exactly enough, so we’ll just say this month’s goal is to blog consistently. I have a schedule and a plan so if I could only stick to that for once…
4. Social – Relax and enjoy this season. This month is insane. Not only does this month boast Christmas and New Year’s Eve, but my birthday, my best friend’s wedding, several Christmas parties, and a wedding shower happen this month. Just like with my holiday baking, I need to slow down, relax, and enjoy being with my friends and family. I feel like this is easier said than done. 😉
5. Personal – Work on my tone of voice. It has been pointed out numerous times, and again just recently, that I often talk down to people or sound condescending. I never mean to be, but something in my voice makes me sound that way. I’m sure it has something to do with my lack of patience and high expectations, but I need to keep in mind not everyone moves as fast as I do and not everything has to be right this very second. (Have I ever mentioned that I’m high strung? Because I am. You probably figured that out already.) I would really like to work on not sounding like this by watching what I say and how I say it.
What are your December goals?