I haven’t done a goal post sent September
I know I took that break
, but I don’t know where my mind was in November or why I didn’t set some goals.
So, even though it’s a few days late, I’m setting some goals and hoping to stick to them.
1. Try at least two new recipes a week
My recipe binder is about to explode and the only way I can think to clean it out is to try some of these recipes!
So, each week’s menu plan
will feature two new recipes.
I’m hoping to try two new main or side dishes, not desserts, because goodness knows I’m up to my ears in sweets
2. Clean out my closet. Um…this was a goal three months ago and big surprise, it still hasn’t been done. So I really need to get on that.
3. Control my spending. I’ve been eating lunch (and even breakfast!) out a little too much lately. Once a week (unless I’m meeting a friend or coworker for lunch) is fine, but after that I need to control my spending so I can put more money towards my house and furniture.
4. Make an effort to be more social. I am not a very social person. I prefer to be at home with my books and my baking than going out, but recently, I’ve been feeling a little bored with just being at home all the time, so I think it’s time to do something about it. I’ve already made a few plans, but I’m hoping to make a lot more!
5. Remember the true reason for the season. While I’ve never been one to get too caught up in the commercial and gift-buying side of Christmas, I can easily get carried away with too much baking, rushing around, and holiday merry making that I forget the true meaning of Christmas. It is “Christ”-mas(s), a celebration of Christ; not of Santa Clause, food, and cold weather. Although those are all great things, I need to remind myself every so often of how truly blessed I am and to say thank you to the one who made this all happen.
Did you set goals for December? Want to share some?