1. Budget – Stick to my spending limits. I did okay on this. I’m over budget on gas and books, but I wasn’t expecting gas to skyrocket like it did otherwise I would have upped my budget amount. I also went out of town which accounted for a little bit more gas than I usually would have spent. I’m over by $30, which is a lot when I only budgeted for $60. I’ll have to watch my driving over the next couple of weeks and see if I can’t keep this under better control. And books…well, I can’t say anything other than I do love me some Barnes and Noble. 🙂 I’m under budget in all my other categories (including groceries – mostly because I doubled my budget), so I’m pretty proud of myself. I really like that Mint.com sends me an email letting me know when I’m over budget. Overall, I really like Mint.com as it is giving me a great idea of where my money is going.
2. Food – Try at least one new recipe a week. I thought I was really off base with this until I went back through and checked my menu plans. I have, in fact, tried more than four new recipes this month including (but not limited to) these awesome rolls, the frittata I blogged about, and the poppy seed chicken casserole Mom and I made for our family dinner last night. I also busted out one of my favorite cookbooks for a quick chicken recipe that turned out to be delicious.
3. Blogging – Move to my own domain name! This is a big, fat fail, which I’m sure you noticed. Blogging sort of slide by the wayside this month since work was so busy.
4. Social – Make plans with friends and stick to them. I smashed this goal to smithereens. I don’t think I’ve been as social this month as I’ve been in a very long time. I made plans, I stuck to them, I made new friends, I had social plans more than once a week, I had a date, the list keeps on going. Next month also looks to be very busy as I have invitations to a wedding, an engagement party, friends coming in from out of town, and a trip to the beach planned.
5. Personal – Get back to doing my quiet times. Another failure, mostly because I keep falling asleep. I think maybe I need to change up the time. I’ve tried mornings (I’m so not a morning person) and before bed isn’t working either, so maybe sometime right after work?
How did you do on your February goals?