1. Budget – Set new budgets according to my 2011 spending. Going along with my 2012 goal of updating Mint every month, I need to actually set some sort of budget. I did fairly well at the beginning of last year with money, but I noticed a definite increase in my spending (and apathy about it) as the year worn on. So it’s time to get my spending under control so I can save as much money as possible. With a financial planner as a father, it’s a bit difficult to not be an obsessive saver.
2. Food – Get back to cooking. I really slacked off in December in regards to cooking. I did a lot of eating out and a LOT of skipping meals. I know it was partially due to the stress of the holidays, but I was also getting lazy. January is all about fresh starts and starting over so I’m getting back to cooking and getting over my laziness.
3. Blogging – Get back to blogging. I also slacked off towards the end of December on blogging. I want to plan out the rest of January and February’s posts as well as develop a more consistent blogging schedule. If you have any ideas or suggestions of what you would like to see here in 2012, please let me know!
4. Social – Be social on a budget. As I mentioned above, my spending was a little, well, lax over the past month or two. I love going out with friends, but sometimes it can be expensive. This month I’d like to find some activities that don’t cost as much or are free. Spending time with friends doesn’t have to mean spending a lot of money. I actually wrote a post about this way back when; it’s time to revisit it again.
5. Personal – Do something active 3 times a week. My therapist (and everyone else in the world) suggested that exercise might help improve my mood and help reduce my anxiety. And on that whole fresh start note, trying to get some exercise is a good way to do that. It doesn’t have be a lot, a walk during lunch, some yoga or pilates, just something to get moving and help me not freak out so much.
What are your January goals?