1. Budget – Spend more wisely. This month I definitely watched my grocery budget and committed to cleaning out my freezer, pantry, and refrigerator , which was great, but I also did some shopping. I tend to go through phases of shopping and this month I found myself wandering over to Amazon more than I should. I was mostly good, but I did end up with an ice cream maker and some movies. Not too bad, but the temptation to shop is strong so I really need to watch my money and my spending.
2. Food – Attempt a freezer/pantry clean out. I did this! I can’t say that everything is gone, but I definitely made some progress and really focused on using what I had on hand. This was a good challenge and I would like to repeat it every so often.
3. Blogging – Write every day. I would probably give this a C+. Average, but not excellent. I really did try to write everyday, but work and life, as they often do, got in the way. This is a goal that I need to keep working on.
4. Social – Write letters. Let’s just call this one a big, fat failure. I didn’t write a single letter all month.
5. Personal – Remain calm. This month has been insane. Two weddings, friends visiting, lots of work stuff going on, I’m exhausted. I think I did pretty good staying calm. I had a few days where I had nothing to do and I really took advantage of that. I never felt hugely overwhelmed this month and I think setting a goal to remind myself to stay calm really helped.
How did you do on your July goals?