1. Budget – Work on my grocery spending. I need to take a long, hard look at what I’m buying at the grocery store because I’m overspending by at least $50 a month. I started with $25 a week in my budget, and now I’m up to $50 and am still somehow over spending. Sometimes I overspend when I stock up (this week I stocked up on SmartOnes and butter, last week it was Coke products), but that shouldn’t account for me spending so much. I’m going to compile all my receipts and see where the money is going and how I can cut back.
2. Food – Use a cookbook once a week. In March I set a goal to use my cookbooks more, but in keeping with my new theme of setting SMART goals, I’m being more specific. I have TONS of cookbooks, and many recipes earmarked, but I never try them and I would really like to.
3. Blogging – Learn about advertising. I would really like to have my blog generate some sort of income, but I don’t know how. I want to take some time this month, talk to some different bloggers, and figure out what I can be doing to help my blog grow and make a little money. Any suggestions?
4. Social – Entertain at home. I find that I tend to go out to dinner, or to the movies, or to a bar when I want to see friends. This month I would really like to have people over. I’m not sure if that means I’m having a dinner party, or if I’m just inviting people over for pizza and beer, but I would like to rely more on hanging out at home than going out and spending a lot of money.
5. Personal – Stick to my housekeeping list. In January, I bought a Motivated Moms Chore Planner. I know I’m not a mom, but the daily chore check list was a huge draw for me as I had just bought the house and had no clue as to how I was going to keep it up. I really like the planner and when I use it, I feel way more organized and my house is very clean and tidy. I haven’t been using it lately, so this month I want to get back in the habit of checking the list and completing the tasks.
What are your June goals?