Once I wrote about random attacks of OCD and my need to make long lists. Today is very clearly one of those days. So instead of writing multiple blog post on different things, I thought I would make you a nice list to let you know all the things that are going on in my life.
1. I got a Nook for Christmas. I love it (except for the part where the servers crashed on Christmas day and stayed down on the 26th). Currently on my Nook are The Lost Hero, Stranger, and The Lady Most Likely. What else should I add?
2. I’m still working on my reading list. I’m currently focusing on reading all the Judith McNaught and Susan Elizabeth Phillips books on the list. I’m not a huge fan of McNaught (so far), but I really like SEP so that’s helping to balance it out.
3. I’m also reading this book. It’s changing my life so I highly recommend it.
4. I’m thinking of joining Wendy the Super Librarian’s TBR challenge for 2011 so that I can make some progress on my TBR pile. It’s starting to overwhelm me so I should probably do something about it.
5. My best friend is engaged! She’s getting married in December 2011.
6. As I type this, I just got a shipment of books for the library. I’m so excited about cataloging them that I’m a little concerned. Medical attention may be needed…I’ll keep you posted.
7. I’m trying to learn how to budget. Anyone have any good recommendations on books/websites with good budgeting worksheets or advice on how to set up a good one on Excel?
8. I’m thinking of moving to a self-hosted WordPress blog in January and start advertising. I clearly need all the advice/thoughts/opinions you can muster. And I need a web designer (a cheap one) who can make it cute and navigable. Any suggestions?
9. I bought a couch yesterday. Why did I buy a couch when I still live at home, you may ask???
10. Oh, that’s right, I haven’t told you yet. I BOUGHT A HOUSE!