March Goal Review
1. Budget – Stick to my spending limits and adjust accordingly. I did better here. I under spent in my coffee shops, fast food, and entertainment budgets, but I overspent in my grocery, restaurant, and gas budgets. What really happened was I forgot to take into account that I went on vacation in March. I had upped my gas budget to compensate for the higher gas prices, but I didn’t account for the fact that I would be driving to and from the beach. I didn’t raise my budgets for groceries and restaurants, because, well, I forgot. I guess I’m human.
2. Food – Bust out the cookbooks. We’ll call this a partial fail. I did cook two recipes (look for one on Tuesday!) from my cookbooks and I kept this goal in mind throughout the month, but I failed to really follow through.
3. Blogging – Dedicate some time each day for blogging. I did really well with this goal early on in the month. I wrote some quality blog posts and didn’t allow myself to get behind. But by the end of the month, I was back to where I started, blogging behind schedule, or worse, not blogging at all. I must do better on this.
4. Social – Establish a balance. I did much better on this. I’ve had several quiet days at home and I don’t feel like I’ve neglected anyone, including myself. I’ve been able to get stuff done around the house and still enjoy being with friends. I think going on vacation with friends really helped.
5. Personal – Read 4 books. I actually read 7! I read I’m a Stranger Here Myself, Gone Too Far, Lover Unbound, Lover Enshrined, Lover Avenged (I’m on a Black Dagger Brotherhood kick at the moment. Don’t judge me; you know you love some angsty vampire romance too.), The Spymaster’s Lady, and listened to Over the Edge. Currently I’m reading Lover Mine and next on the list are Not Quite a Husband and The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie; it’s time to get back to my Reading List.
How did you do on your March Goals?