1. Budget – Stick to my spending limits and adjust accordingly. As I mentioned in my goal review for February, I did decently in sticking to my limits, but I was unprepared for the jump in gas prices so I went majorly over budget. I need to continue to stick to my limits, but I also need to watch how much I’m spending and make adjustments as needed. For example, I budgeted $200 for groceries for February, but I only spent about $130. So I will lower my grocery budget to $150 a month (the extra money is to account for anything unexpected like a party or a really great meat sale).
2. Food – Bust out the cookbooks. I have a fairly large collection of cookbooks and I love to read cookbooks for fun. Sometimes I read them just to read them, but mostly I’m reading them looking for and marking new recipes to try. I have all these cookbooks with tabbed recipes sticking out, but I never get around to cooking them. I would like several of my new recipes to try for the month to come from my cookbooks. I have a feeling this is a goal I’m going to have to work on for a while.
3. Blogging – Dedicate some time each day for blogging. Work got in the way of doing quality blogging last month, but added to that, when I get tired or stressed, I tend to let things slide. And one thing I tend to let slide is blogging. I have lots of ideas for posts and guest posts, but I just haven’t had the time or energy to work on them. But like everything else, I need to carve out some time, limit my distractions, and spend a half hour or so (not a work!!) blogging. If anyone has any advice how they maintain a good blogging schedule and rhythm, I would love to hear it.
4. Social – Establish a balance. I think I went overboard on social events last month. A, I’m spending a little more money than I would like, and b, I rarely, especially towards the end of the month, was home. I felt like I was neglecting Caty, and neglecting myself. I need to work on finding a balance between being busy with friends and staying at home/spending time with my family. I have lots going on during the weekends of March, so I would like (at least partially) to limit the amount that I go out or do stuff during the week. It’s all about finding a balance.
5. Personal – Read 4 books. I have been neglecting my reading list lately I think. I’ve only read one book off of it in the last few weeks, and I really need to get back to it. Also, thanks to Cate, I have some excellent nonfiction selections to read, so I would also like to make headway on that list. I don’t think reading 4 books is out of my range, especially as there is 5 weeks in March and I’m already listening to one in the car. Audio books count right? Well, I’m making them count.
What are your goals for March?
Previous post: February Goal Recap