1. Budget – Try for 8 no-spend days. I got the idea of no-spend days from Cate and I want to try it too. I know there are some things I need to buy this month (groceries and gas of course, but also books and a few new things for my fall/winter wardrobe) so I plan on batching my errands. 8 no-spend days comes out to roughly 2 days without spending per week. I think I can do it!
2. Food – Avoid eating out as much as possible. The past few weeks have seen me really falling down on cooking at home. Either I’ve been settling for easy frozen dinners or getting take-out/fast food. It’s mostly been at lunch because I’ve been too lazy to pack my lunch the night before. This month, I want to cook my own meals and stop relying on convenience when I’m tried or lazy.
3. Blogging – Write something (anything!) once a day. This was also a goal last month and I did an okay job at it, but I want to do better this month. I have a blogging schedule ready to go, so I just need to stick to it and keep writing.
4. Social – Do something social at least once a week. When I’m battling a case of depression, I hole up in my house with my books and my cat. While it’s necessary to my well being to have alone time, it’s unhealthy to have too much. I’m making this goal so you can all hold me accountable. Doing something social doesn’t have to mean going to a club or throwing a party, but it does mean I need to either leave the house or have people (other than my parents) over.
5. Personal – Get out of bed and get to work on time. One of the worst things about depression is how you are unable to get out of bed. Your body is heavy, you’re so tired, and getting up and getting dressed feels like the hardest thing in the world. I have been late to work almost everyday for the past three weeks. No one really cares (or notices – gee I wonder why I’m late all the time?) if I get there on time, but I feel guilty about it. I set two alarms in the morning but I always turn them off. I need to get up on time and get to work on time. Anyone have any advice on making myself get out of bed?
What are your October goals?