As I sit here trying to think of something interesting to say about 2013, I realize that 2013 was a pretty uneventful year for me. There were ups and downs of course, but no one close to me died, I didn’t get married or have a baby, nor did I change jobs. So…yeah. 2013 was pretty quiet.
A few thing do come to mind that kept 2013 from being the most boring year ever:
- I went to Callaway Gardens in March for a library conference and went to Boston in May for the Medical Library Association annual conference.
- The Carpenter and I had our one year anniversary, and have now survived two rounds of birthdays, Thanksgivings, and Christmases together.
- My post about dating divorced men was syndicated on BlogHer!
- I had my gallbladder removed in July.
- Also in July, the last of my high school friends got married. (Side note: I am now down to two unmarried friends. Two. That’s it. I either need to get married or make new friends. :/)
- I grew a garden this year and once again, failed to produce squash.
- I ate all the food.
- My “niece” was born.
- Caty was, well, Caty.
- I joined Instagram and got new blog buttons and blog business cards.
- I successful completed the 12 Days of Christmas Cookies!
- I read 60 books.
Okay, now for some favorites…
My favorite post of 2013: Pretty and Professional Are Not Mutually Exclusive
Your favorite post of 2013: Detox Baths: The Good, The Bad, The Sweaty
My favorite recipe of 2013: Brown Butter Snickerdoodles
Your favorite recipe of 2013: Orange Cranberry Cookies
…and some blog stats
Highest page views: Dating a Guy with Kids, Part II
Most shared on social media: Detox Baths: The Good, The Bad, The Sweaty
Top referrer: Pinterest, but Google is a close second
I liked that 2013 was pretty quiet – nothing upsetting happened this year and I’m just fine with that. But I wouldn’t mind a little more excitement next year. 🙂 Here’s to a great 2014!
This post is linked to Countdown to 2014