Remember a couple of years ago when the thing to do on Facebook was post a note with a list of things people didn’t know about you?
I was playing around yesterday and came across the note I had written for my “16 Things”. I thought it would be fun repost it here, with a few additions and some changes.
1. I have random attacks of OCD that make me alphabetize things, put things in straight lines, or write long lists immediately.
2. I am excessively wordy. It is impossible for me to write concisely. I had a major problems with this in college when my professors wanted 4-6 page papers and I would give them 8 pages at a minimum.
3. I sing really, really loud in the car, even in traffic, when I know people are looking at me.
4. I sing show tunes in the shower and practice my Oscar acceptance speech. You know, just in case.
5. More than anything in the world, I want to be a stay-at-home mom.
6. If I can’t be a stay-at-home mom, then I want to own my own independent bookstore and encourage people to shop locally.
7. If numbers 5 and 6 don’t work out, then I’ll have to actually write more than 2 chapters of a romance novel and then get it published.
8. If I don’t talk to my mom at least once a day, it feels like something is wrong.
9. I almost never take pictures, but I almost always have my camera.
10. I’ve been known to start and finish two books in a day.
11. I am socially awkward – anyone who knows me in the least has witnessed at least one example of this.
12. I cannot spell at all. If spell check didn’t exist, I would be in serious trouble.
13. I collect recipes from magazines and blogs like it’s my job. I have two binders and a folder stuffed full of recipes that I may never get around to making.
14. I refuse to eat anything that has coconut on it, in it, or near it. I don’t even like to talk about coconut.
15. My greatest fear is that I will grow up to be a crazy cat lady.
16. It irritates me when people who have only been blogging for 3 months have more followers and commenters than I do. What am I doing wrong?
17. My favorite part of the day is sitting down with an excessively full Google Reader and reading about other peoples’ lives.
18. I hope to be on Jeopardy one day.
19. I am unable to be on time. I’m either early or late, but never on time.
20. I am terrified of heights. I had a mini meltdown on top of the Empire State building, I refuse to ride roller coasters, and I can’t sit in the upper decks on a football stadium because I’m convinced I’m going to fall.
Clearly I’m strange and should probably be seeking therapy. Instead, I think I’ll stay here and share my eccentricities with you.
If you feel the need to share 20 things about yourself on your blog, please do so and then put your link in the comments! Or just share a few things in the comments.
You know, so I’ll feel better about number 16.