A lot of my favorite bloggers post monthly goals at the beginning of the month and then review them at the end. I really like this idea and have been meaning to do it for a while. There are a lot of things I want to accomplish and I’m thinking that setting goals will help me stick to my plan and achieve them. I plan on posting my monthly goals on the first and reviewing them on the last day of the month. Obviously I’m a day behind, but I don’t think that should count against me. 🙂
So my August goals…
1. Only put $300 of my paycheck in my checking account each payday. The rest will be divided up among my 3 savings accounts. This will help me spend less money and put more money into savings. Right now I’m concentrating on boasting my emergency fund and potentially (??) saving for another trip to Europe.
2. Seriously look for an apartment. I hope to be ready to move into my own space by the end of September/first of October.
3. Try one new recipe each week. I’m pretty good about this, but I have so many delicious looking recipes that need trying and only so much time to do it in!
4. Get up 15 minutes earlier every day for my “quiet time”
. Quiet time
isn’t a new concept for me, but I used to do it at night. I often feel asleep before I could get to it and I think moving it to the mornings will help me have a more productive day and will help me stick with it.
5. Clean out my closet. Weed through clothes I don’t wear (both summer and winter) and make a list of what I need as far as fall/winter clothes and shoes go. I plan on selling what I can at consignment shops and donating the rest.
What are your goals for August?