1. Budget – Work on my grocery spending. This month I decided to keep all my grocery receipts so I could go over them and figure out why I was overspending on food. I have all my receipts so now I need to go through them and highlight where I went wrong each week. I’m really excited about this project and I expect to blog about it. I was also more aware of what I putting in my cart this week and I tried to plan more frugal meals, so I think I can say I’ve accomplished this goal.
2. Food – Use cookbooks once a week. Big fat fail. I think I used a cookbook once. Oops.
3. Blogging – Learn about advertising. I’m going to go with a success rate of about 70% percent on this one. I joined the Google Ad Network (notice my B&N ad? That’s from them) and created an Amazon widget. I didn’t really talk to anyone about advertising, but I have some other things brewing, so I think I’m doing ok.
4. Social – Entertain at home. I did have my friend over for dinner; does that count? Other than that, I failed in this category.
5. Personal – Stick to my housekeeping list. Haha. Hahahahaha. Um, no. I know I failed here, I accept that and I acknowledge it. Just as I acknowledged it every time I walked past my fridge where the list lives. But no. It didn’t happen. I have several excuses (see here, here, and here – gee I had a busy month), but I’m not going to give them again. I just didn’t do it. And it shows in my house.
How did you do on your June goals?