Just as a refresher…I posted a piece about goals a few weeks back. In it, I rambled on about what goals are and if I actually am a goal setter or a task setter. I came to the conclusion that I’m a task setter. Goals are great and wonderful, but I’m a more “right here, right now” kind of person, so making a list of tasks to complete really works for me.
My January tasks:
- Complete the January projects on my house list
- Read 5 books
- Buy a new vacuum cleaner and thoroughly vacuum my house
- Make a to-do list every day at work and stick to it
- Blog 3-4 days a week
I’m happy to say that I accomplished 4 of the 5 things on my list. I bought a new doorbell, and a rug, mirror for my foyer. My dad surprised me by bringing over a shelving unit for my garage when he stopped by to fix a leaky sink. I also bought a new vacuum cleaner. It was a much needed purchase and I’m super embarrassed by how much comes out of the my carpet every time I vacuum. It’s disgusting really. I also read 6 books.
The only thing I didn’t do was blog 3-4 days a week. I have a lovely blog schedule and I try to stick to it, I really do, but there just isn’t always enough hours in the day. I need to work on making it more of a priority and forcing myself to find the time.
And now on to my February tasks…
- Install crown molding throughout the upstairs (my February house project and really a job for The Carpenter. I’ll supervise of course. )
- Read 5 books
- Vacuum and dust my house once a week
- Clean out and scrub my refrigerator
- Explore ways to find motivation to blog and to exercise
- Keep making and sticking to a to-do list at work everyday
What are your February tasks and/or goals?