1. Budget – Try for 8 no-spend days. I did this! It was actually easier than I thought. It did require some planning ahead and one no-drive day, but I did do it. I feel better about my spending this month because of this. I did have a few heavier spend days including a trip to the mall and Target, but overall, I think I did okay.
2. Food – Avoid eating out as much as possible. This was both a success and a failure. I did avoid eating out or ordering pizza or Chinese a few nights, but those nights I ended up eating pasta with butter, cheese and crackers, or, on one particularly not great night, two slices of cake. I did great at the beginning of the month on packing (and actually eating) my lunch for work, but by the end, I was tired of whatever I had packed and resorted to buying lunch almost every day last week. But I didn’t eat dinner out at all, so that was a good thing I guess. This is a goal I’m going to have to keep working on.
3. Blogging – Writing something (anything) once a day. Again, another goal that needs some work. I was better this month and I only took one, much needed break. I’m not posting everything that’s on my schedule, but if I got back and look at the month’s posts, it’s seems pretty consistent. I just have to keep going.
4. Social – Do something social at least once a week. I think I hit 3 out of 4 weeks here. It wasn’t terrific and I didn’t feel very social, but I’m trying to get some things going for this week and next.
5. Personal – Get out of bed and get to work on time. Snort. Yeah, this didn’t happen at all. I need to get back into the habit of showering at night because that really helps me move faster, especially if I oversleep or turn off the alarm. I was on time today so hopefully that bodes well for next month!
How did you do on your October goals?