It should not be a surprise to any of you that I am a huge football fan. After all, I was raised in what is arguably THE most football-obsessed state and attended the university that is home to the most national championships ever (depending on who you ask). Given that I love football so much, it makes sense that football season is one of my most favorite times of year.
So what do I love about it? Well, I’ll tell you. 🙂
1. Watching Gameday while sipping coffee and preparing for a full day of football watching.
2. The perfect gameday dress complete with the perfect accessories.
3. Kids posing with their team’s mascot in what will surely be this year’s Christmas card photo.
5. Standing shoulder-to-shoulder with 102,000 of your closest friends watching history being made. (Why yes I was at the 2009 Alabama-Tennessee game 😉 )
6. The roar of the crowd as the team runs out onto the field.
7. Slapping someone (or getting slapped) in the face with your shaker and not caring because the play was just. that. amazing.
8. The gentle (or not so gentle depending on the team and the person) razzing between fans of rival teams.
9. Lengthy discussions with complete strangers about your team’s chances this year.
10. The smells: hot dogs on the grill, BBQ, nachos, sweat, terror, excitement, and bourbon.
Do you love football? What are your favorite things about the season?
And in case you were missing your weekly lolcat…